Best wishes on World Sanskrit Day and Raksha Bandhan!

 

Namaste, Vanakam and Swagatam🙏!

I have recently stepped into the massive Universe of Sanskritam, along with pursuing my online yoga, music, and Bharatanatyam classes.

About a year ago, my family and I started to explore The Bhagavad Gita through an online ‘Gita Made easy course’, in which we are blessed to learn the language of the divine himself through the shlokas. Along with that, I have also attended sessions on the “Yoga Sutras” , organized by our Dr.Sir! along with attending ‘Vak Shuddhi’ course from Uday anna – the master mind behind “The Sanskrit Channel". I tried all of this as I am very curious to know this language of the Gods, and if I’m practicing Yoga, then why not live up to its language as well.

This made me realize that all of these cultural treasures in Indian culture are interrelated. They depend on each other, just as all living beings on this earth are interdependent!

While learning Science at school, we are bound to know so many unfamiliar Latin/Greek scientific terms, however in order to have a holistic understanding (and pass the exam), we have to memorize these, and eventually ace it. It wouldn’t be sensible if I write my exam/understand this Science without applying these scientific terms, and supposedly just describe the brain as a ‘walnut like structure!’

In the same way, when there is such a craze to practice Yoga, then why not also apply its scientific terms/language to your life, which is Sanskrit.

Influenced by our society, till now I seemed to have a blinded perspective that Sanskrit is a ‘hard to learn’ language. Its very common for people to think that, “We aren’t going to apply this language in our day-to-day life, right? Then why take the ‘Kashtam’ (effort) to learn it?!” I believe this is the ‘Bhrantidarshanam’ (false perception) of many individuals.

Today as I see myself growing mentally and spiritually in association with Sanskrit language, I would like to share the knowledge that I am gaining from my gurus and wish  everyone and myself to achieve Samatvam through Sanskrit.

My vision in the field of Sanskrit in to make every being, especially pre-teens/teenagers like me to understand the real potential of Sanskrit. What could be a better day to initiate this sharing and caring act than on the World Sanskrit day : August 22nd 2021. 

Today, I am releasing my YouTube channel “ The Sanskrit Tree”! 


Link for the channel!


The Sanskrit Tree 🌳 represents Indian ancient scriptures 📖 which are written in Sanskrit language and has array of topics covered that we may be using , knowingly / unknowingly, in our daily life namely such as: Yoga Asanas, Mudras , Shlokas etc.

 

What could be a better way to know the relevance of these topics in the form of a story?  Everyone tells a story differently. Hearing a story is more fun, sparks our imagination ✨, stimulates curiosity 💡 and helps memorize various topics in a seamless manner. Not to mention it makes our learning easier.


The Sanskrit Tree is a sincere attempt to present these arrays of topics, from our ancient scriptures, in the form of a story , making it simpler to understand with visual depictions,  adding value to all our audiences ranging from toddlers to teens to adults across the globe 🌎. 

 

||  नो भद्राः क्रतवो यन्तु विश्वतः ||

Aa no bhadrah kratavo yantu vishwatah 

Let noble thoughts come to us from all directions - Rig Veda 1.89.1


🙏🙏🙏


Best wishes on Raksha Bandhan with a Sanskrit shloka!







 



Comments

Most Popular